AIA Document G731–2019 is for implementing changes in the work agreed to by the owner, contractor, construction manager adviser, and architect. Execution of a completed AIA Document G731–2019 indicates agreement upon all the terms of the change, including any changes in the Contract Sum (or Guaranteed Maximum Price) and Contract Time. It provides space for the signatures of the owner, contractor, construction manager adviser, and architect, and for a complete description of the change.
For all document details and a record of changes, see the summary »
Description of Change in the Contract. Insert a detailed description of the change or reference specific exhibits describing, in detail, the change to be made in the Contract by this Change Order. Include any drawings, specifications, documents or other supporting data to clarify the scope of the change.
Determination of Costs. Insert in the blanks provided, and strike out the terms in parentheses that do not apply:
- the original Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price;
- the net change by previously authorized Change Order (note that this does not include changes authorized by Construction Change Directive unless such a change was subsequently agreed to by the Contractor and recorded as a Change Order);
- the Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price prior to this Change Order;
- the amount of increase or decrease, if any, in the Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price; and
- the new Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price as adjusted by this Change Order.
Change in Contract Time. Insert in the blanks provided, and strike out the unused terms in parentheses:
- the amount (in days) of the increase or decrease, if any, in the Contract Time; and
- the date of Substantial Completion, including any adjustment effected by this Change Order.
Executing the agreement.
The parties should execute AIA Document G731 when the Owner and Contractor, in concurrence with the Architect and Construction Manager, have reached agreement on the change to be made in the Contract, including any adjustments in the Contract Sum (or Guaranteed Maximum Price) and Contract Time.
Modifications. Particularly with respect to professional or contractor licensing laws, building codes, taxes, monetary and interest charges, arbitration, indemnification, format and font size, AIA Contract Documents may require modification to comply with state or local laws. Users are encouraged to consult an attorney before completing or modifying a document.
Reproductions. This document is a copyrighted work and may not be reproduced or excerpted from without the express written permission of the AIA. There is no implied permission to reproduce this document, nor does membership in The American Institute of Architects confer any further rights to reproduce this document. For more information, see the document footer and the AIA Contract Documents® Terms of Service.