AIA Document G741–2015 is for implementing changes in the work agreed to by the owner and design-builder. Execution of a completed AIA Document G741–2015 indicates agreement upon all the terms of the change, including any changes in the contract sum (or guaranteed maximum price) and contract time. The form provides space for the signatures of the owner and design-builder, and for a complete description of the change. The form also allows the owner to certify an amount different than the amount applied for, with explanation provided by the owner. For all document details and a record of changes, see the summary »
Description of Change in the Design-Build Contract. Insert a detailed description of the change or reference specific exhibits describing, in detail, the change to be made in the Design-Build Contract by this Change Order. Include any drawings, specifications, documents or other supporting data to clarify the scope of the change.
Determination of Costs. Insert in the blanks provided, or strike out the terms in parentheses that do not apply:
- the original Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price;
- the net change by previously authorized Change Order (note that this does not include changes authorized by Change Directive unless such changes were subsequently agreed to by the Design-Builder and recorded as a Change Order);
- the Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price prior to this Change Order;
- the amount of increase or decrease, if any, in the Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price; and
- the new Contract Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price as adjusted by this Change Order.
Change in Contract Time. Insert in the blanks provided, and strike out the unused terms in parentheses:
- the amount (in days) of the increase or decrease, if any in the Contract Time; and
- the date of Substantial Completion, including any adjustment effected by this Change Order.
Executing the document.
When the Owner and Design-Builder have reached agreement on the change to be made in the Contract, including any adjustments in the Contract Sum (or Guaranteed Maximum Price) and Contract Time, AIA Document G741 should be executed in duplicate by the two parties, each retaining an original. It should also be noted that the Design-Builder, by executing AIA Document G741, represents that any Project design changes implemented by this Change Order have been reviewed and approved in writing by the Architect or other licensed design professionals of record for the Project.
Modifications. Particularly with respect to professional or contractor licensing laws, building codes, taxes, monetary and interest charges, arbitration, indemnification, format and font size, AIA Contract Documents may require modification to comply with state or local laws. Users are encouraged to consult an attorney before completing or modifying a document.
Reproductions. This document is a copyrighted work and may not be reproduced or excerpted from without the express written permission of the AIA. There is no implied permission to reproduce this document, nor does membership in The American Institute of Architects confer any further rights to reproduce this document. For more information, see the document footer and the AIA Contract Documents® Terms of Service.