You now have two options to electronically sign finalized documents.
Using the E-Signature feature
You can securely request, track, and complete electronic signatures quickly and seamlessly, right from the platform! Our eSignature process runs through DocuSign and the cost is included in your license.
Using digital signatures
You can insert your own digital signature into the PDF. If you choose this option, your finalized documents will have a placeholder where you can insert your signature using your own digital signature software.
AIA Documents Enabled for E-Signature or Digital Signature
Using the E-Signature feature
The online service enables most AIA Contract Documents to be electronically signed. The new e-signature feature allows users to securely send finalized contract documents through email in order to easily obtain electronic signatures. Signatories simply insert an electronic signature when prompted in the finalized contract document. Reviewing and signing contract documents has never been easier with the AIA Contract Documents online service.
What is an electronic signature?
An electronic signature, also known as an “e-signature”, is a legally recognized way to electronically receive approval on an agreement or form. Our type of electronic signatures are legal, trusted, enforceable, and meet electronic signature regulations.
How do I use AIA Contract Documents online service to enable electronic signature for my AIA Contract Documents?
Complete the following steps to complete electronic signatures on your finalized documents:
- Generate a final contract document within the AIA Contract Documents online service.
- Click E-Sign to the right of the finalized document within your project.
- Enter the first name, last name and email address of the signatory within the E-Sign dialogue box to email a request to review and sign the finalized document. Add additional signatories using this same method for each signatory required for the document. Click Send E-Sign Request.
- Once the request is sent, a status of Pending will appear to the right of the finalized document within your project. You may click Pending and Edit to change the signatory if needed. You will be prompted to enter a new name and email address when changing a signatory.
- Recipients will receive an email with the subject “Please Sign Document” and must click Review Document to access and sign the document. Once redirected to the finalized document, the recipient must agree to the terms of service and click
- Recipients will click Start and Sign when prompted in order to insert their electronic signature.
- Recipients will Select a Style, Draw or Upload (an image) and click Adopt and Sign.
- Recipients must click Finish once they have completed all the appropriate signature fields and steps.
- Once the recipient(s) (signatory) have signed the contract document, the user (project account owner) will see Completed as the status to the right of their document name within their project. Click Completed to view the date and time the document was signed.
Using digital signatures
The online service enables most AIA Contract Documents to be signed digitally by inserting a placeholder in your document settings. You will still need your own digital signature as well as an application like Adobe® Acrobat Standard or Adobe® Acrobat Professional to apply your digital signature to your AIA Contract Documents final documents.
What is a digital signature?
A digital signature is an encrypted electronic file that can be used to verify the identity of the signer of an electronic document and ensure that the original content of the electronic document is unchanged.
Which AIA Contract Documents allow digital signatures?
See AIA Documents Enabled for E-Signature or Digital Signature for a list of documents that can be signed digitally.
How do I use AIA Contract Documents software to enable my AIA Contract Documents to be executed digitally?
Complete the following steps to digitally sign your contract document:
- Complete your edits either offline or in the online service.
- Select Finalize to the right of your document within your project.
- Select E Signature as the signature format.
- Click Download to the right of the finalized document.
- Open the PDF document using your digital signature software, like Adobe.
- Apply your digital signature on the signatures page toward the end of the document.
- Email the PDF to any other parties who need to sign the document.
What do I need to add digital signatures to AIA Contract Documents?
At a minimum, you will need a:
- digital signature (you can create your own using Adobe or other software) or purchase one from a vendor, and
- digital signing software application.
Documents Enabled for E-Signature or Digital Signature
List is grouped alphanumerically by series, including A-Series, B-Series, C-Series, D-Series, E-Series, F-Series, and G-Series.
|A101–2017||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Stipulated Sum||Yes|
|A101–2017 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Stipulated Sum, Ex. A: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A102–2017||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Cost Plus Fee with GMP||Yes|
|A102–2017 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Cost Plus Fee with GMP, Ex. A: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A103–2017||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Cost Plus Fee No GMP||Yes|
|A103–2017 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement—Cost Plus Fee No GMP, Ex. A: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A104–2017||Abbreviated Owner/Contractor Agreement||Yes|
|A104–2017 Exhibit A||Abbreviated Owner/Contractor Agreement, Ex, A: Determination of Cost of Work||No|
|A105–2017||Short Form Owner/Contractor Agreement||Yes|
|A110-2021||Owner/Contractor Agreement - Custom Residential Project||Yes|
|A110-2021 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement - Custom Residential Project, Ex. A: Determination of Cost of Work||No|
|A111-2021||Owner/Home Builder Agreement - Construction of Single Family Home||Yes|
|A112-2021||Owner/Home Builder Agreement - Design and Construction of Single Family Home||Yes|
|A112-2021 Exhibit A||Owner/Home Builder Agreement - Design and Construction of Single Family Home, Ex. A: Construction Phase Amendment||Yes|
|A113-2022||Owner/Contractor Agreement - Remodel of Single Family Home||Yes|
|A121-2018||Owner/Contractor Master Agreement||Yes|
|A121–2018 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Master Agreement, Exhibit A: Determination of Cost of Work||No|
|A132–2019||Owner/Contractor Agreement, CMa Edition||Yes|
|A132–2019 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement, CMa Edition, Ex. A: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A132–2019 Exhibit B||Owner/Contractor Agreement, CMa Edition, Ex. B: Determination of Cost of Work||No|
|A133–2019||Owner/Construction Manager as Constructor Agreement—Cost of Work Plus Fee with GMP||Yes|
|A133–2019 Exhibit A||Owner/Construction Manager as Constructor Agreement, Ex. A: GMP Amendment||Yes|
|A133–2019 Exhibit B||Owner/Construction Manager as Constructor Agreement, Ex. B: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A134–2019||Owner/Construction Manager as Constructor Agreement—Cost of Work Plus Fee No GMP||Yes|
|A134–2019 Exhibit A||Owner/Construction Manager as Constructor Agreement, Ex. A: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A141–2014 Exhibit A||Owner/Design-Builder Agreement, Ex. A: Design-Build Amendment||Yes|
|A141–2014 Exhibit B||Owner/Design-Builder Agreement, Ex. B: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A141–2014 Exhibit C||Owner/Design-Builder Agreement, Ex. C: Sustainable Projects||No|
|A142–2014 Exhibit A||Design-Builder/Contractor Agreement, Ex. A: Terms and Conditions||No|
|A142–2014 Exhibit B||Design-Builder/Contractor Agreement, Ex. B: Insurance and Bonds||No|
|A142–2014 Exhibit C||Design-Builder/Contractor Agreement, Ex. C: Preconstruction Services||No|
|A142–2014 Exhibit D||Design-Builder/Contractor Agreement, Ex. D: Determination of Cost of Work||No|
|A145-2015||Owner/Design-Builder Residential Agreement||Yes|
|A145-2014 Exhibit A||Owner/Design-Builder Residential Agreement, Ex. A: Design-Build Amendment||Yes|
|A151–2019||Owner/Vendor Agreement for FF&E||Yes|
|A152–2019 Exhibit A||Purchase Order, Ex. A: Terms and Conditions||No|
|A195–2008||Owner/Contractor Agreement for Integrated Project Delivery||Yes|
|A195–2008 Exhibit A||Owner/Contractor Agreement for Integrated Project Delivery, Ex. A: GMP Amendment||Yes|
|A201–2007||General Conditions of Contract for Construction||No|
|A201–2017||General Conditions of Contract for Construction||No|
|A221-2018||Owner/Contractor Work Order||Yes|
|A232–2019||General Conditions of Contract for Construction, CMa Edition||No|
|A295–2008||General Conditions of Contract for Integrated Project Delivery||No|
|A305–2020||Contractor's Qualification Statement||No|
|A421–2018||Contractor/Subcontractor Master Agreement||Yes|
|A422–2018||Contractor/Subcontractor Work Order||Yes|
|A441–2014||Contractor/Subcontractor Agreement— Design-Build Project||Yes|
|A701–2018||Instructions to Bidders||No|
|A751–2019||Invitation and Instructions for Quotation— FF&E||No|